DavkaWriter 7 for Mac
DavkaWriter 7 for Mac is a specially modified version of our renowned Hebrew-English word processor that brings a rich set of Hebrew word processing features - including perfect nikud and trop placement, Hebrew-English spell checker, on-screen Hebrew/English keyboard, and built-in Jewish text library - to your Macintosh.
We've partnered with CodeWeavers, makers of the popular CrossOver Mac product, to create this special Mac-friendly version.
DavkaWriter 7 for Mac has most of the look and feel of a Mac program, and it uses familiar Mac keyboard commands -- Command-P to print, Command-S to save, etc. While there are elements of the program that resemble its Windows origins, the program is easy to learn and use.
DavkaWriter 7 for Mac features:
- Mac pull-down menus
- Mac installer that installs DavkaWriter Mac to Applications folder
- Files are saved in DavkaWriter folder in your Mac's Documents folder
- Uses Mac print drivers for standard printing and PDF export
DavkaWriter 7 for Mac includes most of the features that come with the regular DavkaWriter 7 for Windows, with the exception of FlexiText and thematic borders.
If you have DavkaWriter documents that you created on your Windows PC, they will open seamlessly in DavkaWriter 7 for Mac and go back to Windows just as easily. And if you're new to DavkaWriter, you'll enjoy the ease of use, convenient switching between Hebrew and English, and built-in text libraries including Tanach, Mishnah, Siddur, and Parashat HaShavua that have made DavkaWriter famous worldwide.
Built for Hebrew from the Ground Up!
- Switch languages with a click
- On-screen Hebrew keyboard
- Nikud and trop align perfectly
- Hebrew-English spell checker and individual word translator
- Wide variety of Hebrew fonts, all with nikud and trop
- Support for Shva-na, kamatz katan, and chataf-kamatz
- Search and replace for nikud and trop
- Individual coloring of nikud and trop characters
- Look up Tanach and Mishnah by book, chapter, and verse
- Hebrew/English footnote and page numbering
- Hebrew/English sorting
- Hebrew/English dates, using Jewish or secular calendar
- Built-in Text Library and clip art included!
DavkaWriter 7 includes vowelized Hebrew texts, integrated into the program for instant access:
- Weekly Torah readings & Haftarot
- Rashi on Chumash
- Also includes 350 photos and Judaic clip art images
Flexible and Powerful!
- Open and edit DavkaWriter files on your Mac that were created with DavkaWriter for Windows
- Create files with DavkaWriter for Mac that can be opened on DavkaWriter for Windows
- Draggable document tabs for efficient on-screen organization
- Multiple object selection
- Zoom Slider adjusts page zoom instantly
- Drawing layer - Place all graphical elements anywhere, with a variety of text-wrapping options
- Use text boxes to place text and flow it from box to box
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts, toolbars and menus
- Place footnotes into their own set of columns, independent of the main text columns
- Drop caps -- by the letter or by the word
- PowerStyles -- Control font, style, and paragraph automatically
- Select by Style - Change only the text that's in a specific font, size and style
Mac with 4 GB RAM, OS X 10.8 or higher. Compatible with Mac OS Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks, and Mountain Lion.
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below:
|Can Hebrew text from DavkaWriter Mac be copied to Word for Mac?||Unfortunately, Word for Mac does not support Hebrew text.|
|Does DW Mac provide Hebrew support in other Mac applications?||The Hebrew support in DavkaWriter is internal only and it will not enable your other Mac applications to support Hebrew.|
|How do I enter Hebrew text in DavkaWriter Mac?||Hebrew text in DavkaWriter should be entered from within the program, by clicking on the Hebrew letter 'agin', and clicking on the directional arrow in the ruler. It is not set by the standard Mac method, with the Israeli flag.|
|How do I export files to PDF in DavkaWriter Mac?||In order to export text to PDF, choose the PDF button, which appears at the bottom of the File/Print Dialog box.|
|How do I install DavkaWriter add-on to DavkaWriter?||Go to DavkaWriter Mac -> Install DavkaWriter Extension. Navigate to the program’s “setup.exe” installer program. That will run the Windows Installer for this program and integrate it into DavkaWriter for your Mac. Please bear in mind that you will need to close and re-open DavkaWriter after installing this program in order to use it.|
|How many Hebrew fonts are included in DavkaWriter 7 ?||DavkaWriter includes 37 different Hebrew fonts.|
|Is DavkaWriter Mac compatible with OS X Mavericks?||The most recent version of DavkaWriter Mac, 1.0.9, is compatible with OS X Mavericks. If you have an earlier version, please contact tech support at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an updated version.|
|Where is the user's manual for DavkaWriter?||The User's Manual is installed onto your computer when you install DavkaWriter. You can get to it by selecting the Help menu in DavkaWriter and choosing the "User's Manual" option.|