Soncino Talmud for Macintosh
Utilizing the elegance and power of Mac OS X, the Soncino Talmud for Macintosh presents an immense wealth of information, with a versatile and speedy search program. It is designed to run on both Intel and PowerPC-based Macintosh computers, and will automatically run at peak performance for your Mac's architecture.
The Soncino Talmud for Mac OS X is an incredible study tool that brings the world of the Talmud as close as your Intel or PowerPC-based Mac. Use the Soncino Talmud on to look up words or phrases in Hebrew or English, then view, print, or save your results.
The Soncino Talmud for Mac OS X includes the following texts:
- Hebrew/Aramaic text of the Talmud
- Hebrew text of the Mishnah with nikud
- Hebrew text of Rashi's commentary on Talmud
- Hebrew text of Tosafot
- English translation of Talmud with footnotes
- English translation of Mishnah with footnotes for Mishnaic sections with no corresponding Talmud tractate
- Hebrew text of the Bible
- English translation of the Bible
- Hebrew text of Rashi's commentary on Chumash with nikud
General Program Features
- Modern Mac OS X interface, with full customizability of all elements
- Powerful, easy-to-use search function
- Unique linking feature displays Hebrew and English in simultaneously scrolling windows
- English Talmud footnotes appear in separate scrollable windows
- Print directly from the program or drag-and-drop to other Mac applications that accept Hebrew text, such as Mellel, Nisus, and Pages
- Print two texts side by side or on top of each other
- Install the program to your hard drive and put away the DVD!
Modern OS X Interface
- Fully integrated window, so you can see the search control parameters, the one-line results, and the full text all on one screen without having to deal with overlapping windows
- Resize individual panes or eliminate them altogether
- Ability to link multiple texts for simultaneous scrolling of a text and commentary
- Quick jumping to any perek or daf in the current text
- Ability to open up to 4 panes, to show 4 texts simultaneously
- Convenient buttons to skip to the next or previous result, or to jump back to previously viewed results
- Convenient "lookup" feature lets you go right to the text you want, without a single keystroke
- Soncino texts are integrated with the Mac's dictionary - just hover the mouse over a word and press a few keys for an instant definition
- Tzuras HaDaf window has tree-like list of all Amudim, for quick reference
- Bookmarks can be set for any location in any text, complete with names and comments
Word List displays all the searchable words in the entire set of texts
- Search by letters, nikud, or even trop
- One-line results indicate the precise perek and pasuk
- One-line results have two views - list and outline, to help you find the desired result quickly
- List of recent searches, built-in to the search window
- New Boolean operator "not followed by"
- Many new wild-card searches, so you can find words that match almost any given pattern
- Ability to limit search results to those contained entirely within a single perek, a pasuk, a daf, or a Mishna
- Ability to limit search results to those starting or ending on a perek, pasuk, daf, or mishna
Print and Share results
- Results may be exported to a variety of programs, with a variety of options and formats
- Print layout window allows printing one-line results, single texts, or multiple texts side-by-side or above-and-below.
Click on the links below to view screenshots from the program.
Mac with OS X 10.4 or higher, 512 MB RAM, DVD drive
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: